Sarah and Tech

Educational Technology Updates

Welcome back! Here’s the list of updates and cool things to know about Educational Technology.

Currently Working Through the Hopper

I had a really huge list for this break, and I honestly didn’t finish. This is where I’m at.

North, South, Audet, and the Athletic Training Classroom (ATC) in Glenbrook should be completed by the end of this week.

FAC 110 and FAC 120 will be addressed this week as well.

I will look at Jeffords 121, FAC 105 next, along with delivering the interactive panel to WD.

Zooming in the Classroom

With the Omicron variant rampant, students will be looking for remote options to attend classes. The majority of classrooms have cameras installed, including most of Leavenworth, Woodruff, many of the Stafford classrooms, a handful in Jeffords, Fine Arts, as well as Glenbrook A and B. However, logging into Zoom tends to be a little tricky. I recommend logging into Zoom FIRST and then opening Canvas.

Zoom instructions for logging in

Missing Students and Courses

I know the beginning of the semester is always crazy. Students add. Students drop. Sections get added. It’s all a bit crazy. Please help me help you because everything comes in at once and it’s hard to keep track of everything. Use Helpdesk.

I know it’s a pain, but let me tell you why it’s helpful. There are only FIVE Canvas admins who deal with issues and we all have different skills. I don’t do any enrollment or course pushes. When they come in via email, I have to pass them on via chat, but we CATS are a chatty bunch. They get LOST. Then you wonder why your issue wasn’t fixed. It’s not intentional.

If you use the helpdesk system, we get tickets, and we can assign them to the appropriate CAT. Then we can track them. And you know when your issue is resolved.

By Sarah Chambers