Support Your Fellow Students!!

Below are compiled emails and requests various students have sent out seeking support in their studies or research. Some of them require committing to a meeting time but most of them involve simple surveys or replying to their emails. So, if you can, please try and help your fellow students out!

It’s the Castleton Way, after all!

What Majors do YOU Want?

Hello Spartans,

I’m a student in David Blow’s Journalism: Pages and Posts class, and I’m writing a story about what Majors/Minors the Castleton community would like to see implemented at our university! 
And so, I reached out, to you! 

I received a lot of great responses, and I thank you so very much!
I have compiled the suggestions into a Google Form, which I have linked here!
If you are interested in helping me, simply contact me at rrp05170@csc.vsc.edu! Just know that your name may be placed into a future Castleton Spartan issue.

Thank you so much!

-Ryan Phillips

Stories Needed for Spartan Article!

Good day everyone, 

We are nearing the anniversary of the on-set of the COVID quarantine. Most of us remember how fearful the mood of the nation and campus was. And perhaps, many remember the flash-crash that was happening as the crisis unfolded. 
Two years have passed. The market paradigm quickly shifted from panic to exuberance as the Federal Reserve stepped-in, lowered rates to the floor and began easing. There have been countless losses, and gains since—whether it be your incredible gains, the new investment style you’ve picked-up, or your cousins’ insane crypto losses.
I’ll be putting together your most interesting stories’ (they can be about you or someone you know) for a Spartan article. Send me an email at dlf02040@csc.vsc.edu if you’d be interested in an interview.

Dan Forti

Documentary Participants Needed!

Hello Spartans,  

My name is Kam Norse, and I am a senior Global Studies major with Spanish and Media & Communication minors. I am making a short documentary film about LatinX student success at Castleton University, and I am looking for participants. If you or someone you know would be interested in sharing their narrative as a LatinX student, please fill out this short survey.

The time commitment would require a pre-interview (about 15 minutes via zoom), and a recording session or two (about 30 minutes). If you are a faculty or staff member that would like to share your story or contribute to this project, I am also interested in hearing from you!

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions:

kln05090@csc.vsc.edu

Student Psychological Research Studies

Presenting information to students: A Study

Hello, our names are Jeremy Maxfield and Emma Gillette. We are conducting a research study concerning how information is presented to students as a part of our Psychological Research II course.

We are asking you to participate in viewing a brief presentation in a room on campus, followed by a short quiz regarding information from the presentation. The entire process should take you around 30 minutes to complete. Participation in this study is voluntary, you may choose to not participate. If at any time during the study you do not wish to continue, you do not have to. If there is a question you do not feel comfortable answering you can choose to not answer. All the information that we collect will be kept confidential and kept on a secure device.

To sign up to participate in the study please email one of us (emails down below). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at:

Jeremy Maxfield: jeremymaxfield2@gmail.com 

Emma Gillette: Emzo122900@gmail.com

Effects of Journaling/Meditation on Stress

We need your help!

Castleton Psychology students are looking for participants for research on the effects of journaling or guided meditation and their impact on stress levels.
Participation takes about 20 minutes. You will complete an initial survey about stress and then will be asked to journal or meditate on your own for three weeks. Additional update surveys will be collected weekly. 

If you have questions or would like to participate, please contact Jessica at jcn01040@vsc.edu
Thank you,

Jessica, Sonya, Taylor, & Molly

Perception of Attractiveness and Personality

My name is Hannah Mosher, and I am looking for people to help me conduct my study on their perception of attractiveness and personality. Participants will look at photographs of people and then complete a brief questionnaire as well as three demographic questions that will need approximately 15 minutes to complete. 

If you wish to participate, please email me at hmm03310@vsc.eduand we can schedule a time to meet in Jeffords Lab Room 200.

Your participation is entirely voluntary, you can end your participation at any time, and you do not need to answer any questions you do not want to. All the information collected will be stored until the end of the study and kept strictly confidential.

If you have any questions,  please contact Hannah (hmm03310@castleton.edu), Dr. Gregory Engel (Gregory.engel@castleton.edu) or Dr. Megan Blossom (megan.blossom@castleton.edu). If you experience any discomfort during or after taking this survey, please contact the Castleton Wellness Center (802)-468-1346.

My name is Kirsten Kruk and I am a graduate student here at Castleton University. I am looking for participants who are willing to complete a short questionnaire related to stress management techniques. This questionnaire will help towards my master’s thesis which is looking into trends of our campus. Participation in this questionnaire will be confidential and should take about 5 minutes to complete. 

If you wish to participate, please follow this link. If you have any questions, please reach out to me via email at kxk12081@abh07100.

Hello, my name is CJ Schultz. I am conducting a research study concerning lifestyle impacts and stress levels as a part of our Psychological Research II course. I am asking you to participate in watching a short video as well as a 20-question survey. The entire process should take you at most 20 minutes to complete.

Participation in this study is voluntary, you may choose to not participate. If at any time during the study you do not wish to continue, you do not have to. If there is a question you do not feel comfortable answering you can choose to not answer. All the information that we collect will be kept confidential and kept on a secure device. To sign up to participate in the study please go to the link provided below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at: 

Charles Schultz: cws04010@csc.vsc.edu

Survey