Volume 23

Do you feel it? We’re finally on the downslope. Some of us are experiencing a smooth denouement, others are hurtling at increasing speed on a bicycle without brakes, but no matter which analogy applies to you there’s no ignoring that the semester is wrapping up.

Before we get too far into this special issue of The Educator, we just wanted to put in a shameless reminder or two for a few important upcoming dates:

Ready? Let’s have some fun! As we wrap up the wild ride that has been our academic year (well, heck, it’s actually been since last March, hasn’t it?), we thought it would be nice to reflect on the positives, negatives, and memorable moments that have impacted our lives forever. So, we asked and you answered!

Curious about what others said? Read on to find out:

I feel like I’ve waxed poetic about this at the end of the Spring 2020 semester and again at the end of the Fall 2020 semester but I don’t think it can really be said enough:

It is an absolute honor to be your colleague and work with you.

Every day I learn something new about how we’re helping each other out and it absolutely warms me to know we care as much about each other’s health and well-being as we do about our students. I know that we seem to be trading one time of transition and uncertainty for another, but I remain optimistic that as long as we stick together and work to provide the experience our students deserve we will weather these potentially turbulent waters too.

Thank you for making this a year to remember.

Sincerely,
Gillian

By Gillian Galle