The Academic Support Center is seeking a friendly, organized, and motivated student for our summer TRIO Program Assistant position. The TRIO Program Assistant will contribute to the goals of the Castleton TRIO SSS Program by providing mentorship, programming, and support to first-year students from first-generation and otherwise underrepresented backgrounds throughout the summer (May-August) and potentially during the fall semester. The TRIO Program Assistant will have a caseload of students and will also assist the Director of the Academic Support Center with training and monitoring a small group of peer mentors.
Desired qualifications include:
- High energy level and enthusiasm for helping low income students, first generation students and students with disabilities to achieve good academic standing, persist in college, and graduate on time.
- Positive attitude and the ability to display sensitivity to a wide range of ethnic, socioeconomic, cultural, and life-style differences.
- Strong organizational skills, including program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and presenting to small groups.
- Very good interpersonal skills, including counseling students in attainment of academic and personal goals.
- Ability to work independently.
- TRIO experience.
To apply, send a résumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2021.”