Castleton University Upward Bound Internship, College Transition Counselor (SU 21)
Provide direct support and services to low-income and first-generation graduating seniors to ensure that they successfully meet the college enrollment requirements and deadlines, in order to reduce summer melt and ensure college enrollment in the fall 2021 semester.
• Research specific college enrollment tasks and deadlines; use this information when meeting with participants and their parents to review college enrollment plans.
• Meet with and assess participants’ individual needs and plans for fall 2021 college enrollment.
• Text or email participants throughout the summer with reminders about tasks and deadlines.
• Support high school seniors with the college enrollment process, helping to identify a list of potential colleges, a timeline for applying to college, college essay assistance.
• Provide workshops for rising-seniors and/or their parents regarding college enrollment.
• Support activities associated with the Upward Bound Summer Program Education and Experience: This internship would be open to Juniors or Seniors or a recent grad.
*Psychology – Social Sciences – Social Work – Sociology – Sociology – Community Studies majors are encouraged to apply. This is a paid opportunity.
**For many more local and national opportunities please activate your College Central Network account by clicking the link below and exploring the listings! https://www.collegecentral.com/castleton/index.cfm
For support with engaging with these opportunities please contact Jessica Duncan at Jessica.Duncan@castleton.edu.