Are you interested in improving with Castleton student communications? Are you dedicated to promoting student success? If so, this may be the internship for you!
Below are the internship requirements:
“Sparty Says” Blog and Behavior Response Internship
The “Sparty Says” Blog and Behavior Response intern will provide main oversight and management of the Castleton University student blog “Sparty Says.” The Title III Pathway to Graduation team created the blog to enhance student engagement by using appropriate and targeted communications to increase student engagement levels.
Students from any major are welcome to apply; sophomore standing required. Dependability and the ability to work independently a must.
Interest in communication, business, psychology, education, or sociology a plus.
- Manage communication traffic within blog email account.
- Provide feedback regarding communication pathways which elicit high response rates.
- Refer student questions to appropriate CU contacts.
- Maintain appropriate and professional communications with a broad range of community members from students to faculty and staff.
- Manage blog content and provide suggestions to improve readership.
- Draft all posts and oversee design of blog.
- Develop social media engagement campaign to promote awareness.
- Create incentive program to increase student engagement.
- Recommend strategies and content to improve blog.
- Identify challenges and collaborate with supervisor to determine solutions.
- Assist with related Pathway to Graduation projects as time permits.
Time commitment: 140 hours =3 credit internship (10 hours a week for 14 weeks)
To apply, send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com by May 7th.
This opportunity can be structured as employment only.
Internships require faculty and academic department approval.