Binocular viewer overlooking tall grass

VSC Gen Ed Feedback Sessions

From Professor Rebekah Peterson, Chair of the General Education Committee

A reminder that the first of two feedback sessions for the VSC General Education Agreement will be held tomorrow, Friday, 02/19, 2:30-3:30.  This is in regards to the document I presented at the last faculty assembly meeting.

I have also attached the most recent version of the document (I only just received this morning).  Please note this revised draft includes the DEI outcomes.  Feedback submitted to me previously, has not been included in this draft because we have not had a chance to share institution feedback as a committee yet (but we will be doing so after the feedback session tomorrow).  With that being said, if you would prefer to submit written feedback, please do so by emailing me directly rebekah.peterson@castleton.edu

The goal for these two feedback sessions for the VSC Gen Ed group is not to word-smith every learning outcome, but rather to gain an overall sense from faculty across the system about these two questions:

1. Do the learning outcomes generally describe courses that faculty expect would fulfill these categories?
    2. Are the DEI outcomes appropriately articulated for each area?
By Gillian Galle