Campus Nightmares: Tricks and Treats for Halloween and Beyond

Tis the season for witches and warlocks, ghosts and goblins. Maybe you’re donning a costume, attending a Halloween ‘do, or indulging in a little candy. But if you’re a college student, chances are, your biggest fears may not appear in horror movies. Here are some “monsters” you may encounter this semester and some “tricks” to help you dispel them.

Deadly Deadlines: They sneak up on you. And they often appear in pairs or trios: you know, your biology paper is due on the same day as your English essay and your history test. And deadlines don’t care about your job, social life, or family. 

Well, you can’t make your deadlines disappear if you want to stay in college. But if you prepare for them, they can lose their ability to intimidate you. Use a calendar or planner to keep tracks of tests, papers, and projects. And instead of cramming for an exam or writing a paper in one night, break assignments and study sessions into manageable chunks over a few days or weeks.

Terrifying Teachers: Well, “terrifying” is a strong word. But some classes are more challenging and some professors less approachable than others. And if you don’t understand your professor’s expectations, it can be a little scary.

The good news is, professors can lose their power to terrify. Have a question about an assignment, grade, or class? It’s best to approach your instructor directly. Don’t know how to start the conversation? Talk to one of the counselors at Academic Support. They have a few tricks up their sleeves.

Haunting Habits: In the scariest movies, the main characters discover something terrifying about themselves: a potential for evil or a shaky grasp on reality. It’s no different in college. What’s holding you back is probably inside you: social media addiction, procrastination, maybe even a belief that you can’t cut it academically or personally.

Dispelling bad habits can be hard – most of us can’t manage it overnight. Sometimes, we make progress only to fall back. But the first step is acknowledging that they exist. After that, make a game plan, meet with a counselor, and do anything you have to do to replace destructive thoughts and actions with healthy ones. Keep going even when you stumble. It will get easier.

Ghastly Grades: Sometimes, despite your best efforts to keep the other horrors at bay, you’re confronted with Ghastly Grades anyway. A test or paper, a semester or academic year, end poorly. What’s most frightening is that they can make you give up entirely.

But don’t give in! Ghastly Grades may feel like the end of the world – or your academic career – but they don’t have to be. If you’re struggling academically, meet with one of the counselors at Academic Support. They help you develop a plan to get back on track. And while you’re there, they’ll tell you a few stories about other students who’ve beaten Ghastly Grades and achieved their goals.

We hope these tricks make your time at Castleton a treat. Happy Halloween from all of us at Academic Support!

-Dorothy A. Dahm

26 Comments

• FirstGeraldo

November 4, 2017 at 4:47 pm

I see you don’t monetize your page, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every
    month because you’ve got high quality content. If you want to know how to make extra money, search
    for: Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative

• ErickSmall

November 16, 2017 at 5:15 am

I have checked your page and i have found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank high
    in google, but there is a tool that can help you to create 100%
    unique content, search for; Boorfe’s tips unlimited content

• jordan 12

December 6, 2017 at 10:44 am

I and also my buddies were actually studying the nice recommendations on the blog then instantly I got a horrible feeling I had not thanked you for those strategies. These young men were as a result happy to read all of them and have in effect simply been using these things. Appreciate your truly being indeed thoughtful and for making a decision on these kinds of really good information millions of individuals are really desirous to know about. Our own sincere regret for not saying thanks to earlier.

• ultra boost

December 6, 2017 at 1:50 pm

A lot of thanks for your entire effort on this site. Ellie take interest in carrying out investigation and it is obvious why. A number of us hear all regarding the compelling means you deliver worthwhile information through the web site and in addition foster response from other ones on the subject matter then our simple princess is really starting to learn a lot. Take advantage of the rest of the year. You are always doing a very good job.

• lebron 13 shoes

December 6, 2017 at 10:22 pm

My husband and i ended up being quite lucky that Albert could finish off his web research from the precious recommendations he received out of the blog. It is now and again perplexing to simply always be handing out strategies which many people could have been trying to sell. And we understand we have the blog owner to be grateful to because of that. All of the explanations you have made, the easy blog navigation, the friendships you can make it easier to create – it’s got mostly fantastic, and it’s assisting our son in addition to the family understand that subject matter is pleasurable, and that’s extremely indispensable. Thanks for the whole lot!

• Would you be taken with exchanging links?

• adidas ultra boost

December 7, 2017 at 4:45 am

I wish to voice my affection for your kind-heartedness in support of men and women who really want help with that area. Your special dedication to getting the message throughout had been especially functional and has without exception helped workers just like me to get to their objectives. Your own informative tips and hints signifies a lot to me and much more to my peers. Warm regards; from all of us.

• golden goose sneakers

December 7, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I precisely desired to say thanks once again. I’m not certain the things that I could possibly have done without these points provided by you about that industry. It became the horrifying issue for me personally, nevertheless being able to see the professional form you solved the issue made me to cry with fulfillment. I’m just happy for the assistance and even believe you find out what a great job you were providing training others through a blog. I’m certain you have never come across all of us.

• adidas ultra boost 3.0

December 8, 2017 at 12:18 am

I and my friends happened to be examining the best recommendations from your website and before long I got a horrible suspicion I never expressed respect to the site owner for those tips. All of the boys appeared to be totally excited to study all of them and already have in fact been taking advantage of them. Thanks for truly being really considerate as well as for making a decision on this sort of cool issues most people are really eager to understand about. Our sincere apologies for not expressing appreciation to earlier.

• adidas ultra boost 3.0

December 8, 2017 at 4:11 am

I simply desired to appreciate you once again. I do not know the things I might have done without those points shown by you regarding that problem. Entirely was a real hard setting in my position, nevertheless seeing your professional form you processed the issue took me to cry over happiness. I am happy for this help and as well , sincerely hope you know what a great job you have been undertaking instructing most people using your web site. I am sure you have never got to know all of us.

• Adidas Yeezy 750 boost Blackout

December 8, 2017 at 2:10 pm

I enjoy you because of all your valuable labor on this site. My mother enjoys making time for investigations and it’s really simple to grasp why. We all hear all about the dynamic form you deliver both useful and interesting secrets by means of this web blog and boost contribution from other people on that topic and my child is actually learning a whole lot. Enjoy the remaining portion of the new year. You have been performing a terrific job.

• adidas nmd

December 8, 2017 at 6:02 pm

I have to voice my gratitude for your kind-heartedness for folks who really want assistance with your issue. Your real dedication to passing the solution all through was particularly functional and has really encouraged most people like me to achieve their targets. Your entire helpful useful information means much a person like me and further more to my fellow workers. Thank you; from everyone of us.

• kyrie 4

December 8, 2017 at 6:10 pm

I needed to write you that bit of note to help say thanks once again with your breathtaking advice you have discussed in this article. It is simply incredibly open-handed with you to present unhampered precisely what many of us could have offered for sale for an electronic book to help with making some dough for their own end, especially considering the fact that you might well have tried it if you ever considered necessary. Those guidelines likewise served like a great way to fully grasp most people have the same desire just as my personal own to find out very much more in terms of this condition. I think there are many more fun instances up front for individuals who check out your website.

• yeezy shoes

December 9, 2017 at 11:50 am

I as well as my buddies were actually taking note of the great key points found on your web site while quickly I had a terrible feeling I never thanked the blog owner for those strategies. Most of the boys came for this reason very interested to read all of them and have without a doubt been having fun with those things. I appreciate you for turning out to be quite accommodating and also for getting such beneficial subject matter most people are really desperate to discover. My very own sincere regret for not saying thanks to you earlier.

• Kanye West shoes

December 9, 2017 at 2:31 pm

I want to show my appreciation to the writer just for rescuing me from this type of circumstance. As a result of researching throughout the search engines and finding ways which are not productive, I was thinking my entire life was gone. Existing minus the approaches to the difficulties you’ve resolved all through the article content is a crucial case, as well as the ones that might have in a wrong way affected my career if I hadn’t discovered your site. Your actual knowledge and kindness in dealing with the whole thing was important. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I had not come upon such a stuff like this. I’m able to at this moment look forward to my future. Thanks very much for the expert and sensible help. I will not be reluctant to refer the sites to any individual who desires guidelines about this situation.

• fitflops

December 9, 2017 at 10:42 pm

I precisely wanted to thank you so much once more. I’m not certain what I would have achieved in the absence of the actual advice documented by you on this theme. Completely was a real terrifying condition for me personally, nevertheless viewing the very expert technique you handled it forced me to leap over happiness. I am just thankful for the advice and as well , have high hopes you know what an amazing job you’re undertaking instructing most people thru your website. I’m certain you haven’t encountered any of us.

• true religion jeans

December 10, 2017 at 2:45 pm

I together with my pals came checking out the good procedures found on your website then all of a sudden I got an awful feeling I had not thanked the site owner for those strategies. These young boys happened to be for that reason stimulated to see all of them and have now honestly been using those things. Thank you for being simply thoughtful and then for figuring out some notable useful guides millions of individuals are really wanting to be informed on. My personal honest regret for not saying thanks to you earlier.

• yeezy boost

December 11, 2017 at 12:51 am

I wanted to construct a simple remark so as to express gratitude to you for all the unique hints you are giving here. My time consuming internet lookup has finally been paid with professional facts and techniques to share with my family and friends. I ‘d repeat that we visitors are very much blessed to exist in a remarkable website with very many awesome professionals with very helpful hints. I feel really fortunate to have come across your website page and look forward to plenty of more brilliant minutes reading here. Thank you once more for everything.

• http://www.kobeshoes.uk

December 11, 2017 at 3:59 am

My husband and i have been now ecstatic Jordan could finish off his homework through the precious recommendations he gained out of the blog. It’s not at all simplistic just to find yourself offering ideas which often men and women could have been selling. And we all realize we now have the writer to be grateful to for that. The specific explanations you have made, the straightforward website navigation, the relationships you make it possible to instill – it’s everything great, and it is helping our son and the family understand the subject matter is excellent, and that’s wonderfully essential. Thanks for the whole thing!

• adidas nmd

December 11, 2017 at 5:51 pm

I am only writing to make you be aware of what a notable encounter our child undergone viewing your web page. She even learned too many issues, which include what it is like to possess a marvelous helping style to let the mediocre ones with ease gain knowledge of specified grueling issues. You truly surpassed her expectations. I appreciate you for providing these great, safe, educational and even unique thoughts on the topic to Evelyn.

• irving shoes

December 11, 2017 at 5:58 pm

I wish to show thanks to you just for bailing me out of this difficulty. Because of looking out throughout the search engines and obtaining views which were not productive, I figured my entire life was done. Existing devoid of the answers to the issues you’ve solved as a result of your main short article is a critical case, as well as the kind which could have badly affected my entire career if I hadn’t discovered your web blog. The capability and kindness in controlling all the details was tremendous. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I hadn’t come upon such a stuff like this. I can also now look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot very much for this professional and amazing guide. I will not be reluctant to suggest your blog post to anyone who should receive direction on this subject matter.

• retro jordans

December 12, 2017 at 6:46 am

I am also commenting to make you understand of the excellent encounter my friend’s child obtained visiting the blog. She discovered a lot of pieces, including what it is like to have a great coaching heart to make many others easily fully grasp various tortuous subject areas. You actually did more than people’s expectations. I appreciate you for giving the essential, safe, informative and easy thoughts on the topic to Julie.

• adidas ultra boost

December 12, 2017 at 10:01 am

I simply desired to thank you very much yet again. I do not know the things I could possibly have worked on without the opinions revealed by you on that industry. Previously it was a distressing condition in my view, nevertheless viewing the very specialised way you dealt with the issue took me to weep over fulfillment. I’m just thankful for this assistance and expect you know what a great job you were providing instructing the rest by way of your blog post. Most probably you have never got to know any of us.

• golden goose sneakers

December 12, 2017 at 6:03 pm

I precisely needed to appreciate you all over again. I’m not certain the things I could possibly have worked on in the absence of the actual thoughts contributed by you about such a area of interest. It was actually a very fearsome concern for me personally, but taking note of a new professional manner you solved it forced me to jump for happiness. Now i’m happy for this information and as well , hope you know what an amazing job your are putting in educating people today all through your web page. I am certain you haven’t encountered any of us.

• adidas nmd

December 12, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Thanks a lot for giving everyone an extraordinarily superb possiblity to read articles and blog posts from here. It is always so excellent plus stuffed with a lot of fun for me personally and my office fellow workers to visit your website no less than 3 times weekly to find out the latest things you have. Of course, I am just always motivated with the awesome creative concepts served by you. Certain 1 facts in this posting are particularly the most beneficial I’ve ever had.

• yeezy boost 350

December 13, 2017 at 6:34 am

I am only commenting to make you understand of the terrific experience my wife’s daughter gained reading your webblog. She came to understand several things, most notably how it is like to have an excellent giving mood to have the mediocre ones effortlessly fully grasp selected advanced issues. You actually did more than our own desires. Thank you for coming up with these interesting, safe, explanatory and cool tips about your topic to Tanya.

Post a Comment